Florida's highly complex and ever-evolving regulatory and legislative landscape has greatly increased the need for sophisticated legal counsel entrenched in the local business community. Our attorneys have substantial regulatory and government relations experience, along with strong relationships with highly qualified experts, consultants, government officials and business leaders throughout Florida and beyond.
Bilzin Sumberg’s Land Development & Government Relations attorneys have first-hand experience of how government organizations operate from earlier careers as former city managers, urban planners, engineers, and city attorneys. Furthermore, our attorneys are authors and law professors on subjects ranging from the environment, land use and other government-related subjects.
Our multi-faceted, experienced group means we can help our clients assemble the right teams – inside and outside our walls – to reduce the length of the approval process, secure and negotiate effective government contracts, and defend against regulatory actions. We are active in the development industry and know it is important to be aware of regulations before they are adopted so that we can advise our clients how best to protect themselves against the burdens of additional regulations, or how to take advantage of relief.
Key Property Sectors:
- Apartment complexes
- Residential planned communities and subdivisions
- Multifamily condominiums
- Hotels, resorts, golf and vacation clubs
- Industrial parks
- Retail, shopping centers and regional malls
- Recreational amenities: country club, golf course and marina facilities
- Religious and school facilities: universities, private/charter schools, daycare centers
- Specialty developments: reclamation and brownfields redevelopment
- Life Science facilities
- Vacant land