Commitment to Diversity
Bilzin Sumberg's culture is a reflection of the unique experience, skills, perspectives and values of each of our attorneys and staff. Our diverse backgrounds and individual differences strengthen the work we accomplish as a firm and enhance the quality of life for each of us.
Bilzin Sumberg is strongly committed to providing a professional environment where individuals representing different genders, ethnicities, sexual orientations and religions can flourish both personally and professionally. Our Diversity Committee oversees our program for recruiting, training, retaining and advancing personnel in all practice areas to maximize diversity at the firm. The Diversity Committee also actively monitors our firm’s existing policies and procedures to ensure they comply with and promote diversity goals.
Some of our efforts to promote diversity include:
• Participating regularly in job fairs for minority lawyers, such as the Southeastern Minority Job Fair
and Lavender Law Fair
• Creating a Women Lawyers Group at our firm to provide our female attorneys with training and networking opportunities to foster their growth
• Supporting minority student groups, such as the Black Law Students Association, Latin American Law Student Association and Asian-Pacific American Law Student Association at more than 20 law schools nationally
• Participating regularly in minority local bar associations, community organizations and pro bono activities
• Hosting minority political and community leaders as guest speakers at events for our entire workforce
Our diversity program has management support and is widely embraced at every level throughout the firm. We invite you to contact any of the diverse members of our firm so they may share their experiences and expertise with you.
We also extend an open invitation to minority student organizations to contact us and discuss how we can contribute to the education and training of your participants. We would be pleased to participate in networking events, interview skills training or any forum that would better acquaint you with our firm.
If you have any questions about Bilzin Sumberg's commitment to diversity, please contact the Chair of the firm's Diversity Committee, Marshall R. Pasternack at 305.350.2356.