Bilzin Sumberg is dedicated to providing a challenging work environment, competitive compensation, and progressive workplace policies. The firm believes that teamwork is an essential component in providing high quality legal services, so we value the talents and skills of our entire staff. Staff contributions are recognized throughout the year with various staff appreciation programs.
Furthermore, the firm sponsors various extracurricular activities, including several sports teams and annual summer and end of year events.
Bilzin Sumberg offers a comprehensive benefits package and an environment which encourages and supports professional growth. Our beautiful offices feature amenities which include an employee lounge, document production center, training facility, state of the art technology and a fitness center.
We invite you to explore the sections below, as well as the rest of our site, to find out more about the resources and opportunities available to you at Bilzin Sumberg.
We are an EEO/AA employer and we value diversity in our workplace.
Bilzin Sumberg values its staff and offers an excellent benefits package to meet individual needs. All regular full-time employees are eligible to participate. Dependent and domestic partner coverage is also available. Below is a list of benefits available, with varying eligibility requirements:
• Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
• Group life insurance & AD&D
• Short-term disability insurance
• Long-term disability insurance
• Flexible Spending Account
• Health Savings Account
• Employee assistance program
• 401(k) plan
• Parking/public transportation
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Paid holidays
• Supplemental voluntary plans, such as:
• Term life insurance
• Additional AD&D
• AFLAC cancer indemnity plan
• Whole life insurance
• Critical illness insurance
• Accident insurance
In addition, professional development training is provided to individuals through in-house classes. The firm recognizes that employees need to grow and develop to be successful with the firm. The firm embraces training and feels it is a vital element to everyone's success.
Overview of Responsibilities:
• Responsible for organization of client files and physical condition of records management space, including interfiling, labeling, shelving, scanning, boxing, and shifting.
• Perform clerical tasks related to updating and maintaining client files in accordance with established records management policies and procedures.
• Research location of files and folders; interfile loose materials; create additional folders as needed and requested; create and update file indexes utilizing automated records management system.
• Find and correct labeling, filing, shelving, indexing, and other clerical errors in existing files; make appropriate changes on physical files and update records management system.
• Monitor shelf space needs; pull and box inactive files for off-site storage; recommend and carry out pull-and-shift projects.
• Must have the ability to consistently lift 50 pound boxes is required.
• Scan records center, offices, workstations, war rooms, and other decentralized file storage areas according to a predefined schedule every five weeks on a Saturday morning.
• Assist secretaries and other department personnel in locating misplaced documents and folders.
• Ensure firm protocol is being followed and assist with other tasks and projects as needed.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to Jackie Gallego, Chief Human Resources Officer.