Bilzin Sumberg is dedicated to providing a challenging work environment, competitive compensation, and progressive workplace policies. The firm believes that teamwork is an essential component in providing high quality legal services, so we value the talents and skills of our entire staff. Staff contributions are recognized throughout the year with various staff appreciation programs.
Furthermore, the firm sponsors various extracurricular activities, including several sports teams and annual holiday and summer events.
Bilzin Sumberg offers a comprehensive benefits package and an environment which encourages and supports professional growth. Our beautiful new offices feature amenities which include an employee lounge, word processing center, training facility, state of the art technology and a fitness center.
We invite you to explore the Support Staff area, as well as the rest of our site, to find out more about the resources and opportunities available to you at Bilzin Sumberg.
We are an EEO/AA employer and we value diversity in our workplace.
• Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
• Group life insurance & AD&D
• Long-term disability insurance
• Flexible benefits plan
• Employee assistance program
• 401(k) plan
• Short-term disability insurance
• Flexible benefits plan
• Parking/public transportation
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Paid holidays
• Supplemental voluntary plans, such as:
• Term life insurance
• Additional AD&D
• AFLAC cancer indemnity plan
• Whole life insurance
• Critical illness insurance
• Accident insurance
In addition, professional development training is provided to individuals through in-house classes. The firm recognizes that employees need to grow and develop to be successful with the firm. The firm embraces training and feels it is a vital element to everyone's success.
Bilzin Sumberg is seeking a tech savvy Document Word Processing Manager to oversee the word processing operators and secretarial staff. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a dynamic and fast paced environment. The DP Manager is a hands-on, working operator who coordinates work flow in the department and ensures proper staffing is allocated. In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic leader with a positive attitude.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train and develop word processing and secretarial staff.
- Coordinate and distribute work assignments during the day and evening; schedule work for night and weekend word processing staff.
- Maintain attendance for day, evening and weekend staffing; review and approve time and attendance for all word processing and secretarial staff; schedule vacations and planned leave for word processing and secretarial staff.
- Provide hands-on document editing and production utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Best Authority, Imanage Filesite, DAT Dealproof and any additional software as needed.
- Stay abreast of technology and software changes within the firm in order to be an expert in document preparation; ensure that staff is also trained on all software and meets all application requirements.
- Troubleshoot document issues and investigate any attorney issues or requirements.
- Maintain open communication with staff, attorneys and other managers.
- Performance management, including coaching & counseling; provide honest and timely feedback; address performance issues; participate in performance evaluations by seeking attorney feedback and meet with word processing and secretarial staff.
- Ensure that all department equipment is maintained properly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office programs including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Expert knowledge of InterAction CRM system.
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification.
- Strong technology background.
- Must demonstrate enthusiasm, aptitude and organizational skills.
- Strong reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience in high volume/fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years of legal management experience.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to Jackie Benito, Chief Human Resources Officer.
• Draft, organize and review transactional documents including partnership agreements, corporate minutes, consents, UCC filings, name change, DBAs, entity formation, conversions, mergers, recapitalizations of stock and dissolutions.
• Corporate compliance with State Business Laws, including annual compliance requirements for clients.
• Draft, organize and review estate planning documents (including wills, revocable trusts, insurance trusts, intentionally defective grantor trusts and charitable trusts).
• Preparation of various IRS tax forms.
• Experience with estate tax returns, gift tax returns, and trust accounting.
• Form and maintain various foreign companies.
• Assist with probate matters, including preparation of probate forms.
Candidates must be proficient in MS Word, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work in a multi-task environment. Major law firm experience preferred. International TTE experience a plus. Interested candidates should submit a resume to Jackie Benito, Chief Human Resources Officer.