Bilzin Sumberg is dedicated to providing a challenging work environment, competitive compensation, and progressive workplace policies. The firm believes that teamwork is an essential component in providing high quality legal services, so we value the talents and skills of our entire staff. Staff contributions are recognized throughout the year with various staff appreciation programs.
Furthermore, the firm sponsors various extracurricular activities, including several sports teams and annual holiday and summer events.
Bilzin Sumberg offers a comprehensive benefits package and an environment which encourages and supports professional growth. Our beautiful new offices feature amenities which include an employee lounge, word processing center, training facility, state of the art technology and a fitness center.
We invite you to explore the Support Staff area, as well as the rest of our site, to find out more about the resources and opportunities available to you at Bilzin Sumberg.
We are an EEO/AA employer and we value diversity in our workplace.
• Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
• Group life insurance & AD&D
• Long-term disability insurance
• Flexible benefits plan
• Employee assistance program
• 401(k) plan
• Short-term disability insurance
• Flexible benefits plan
• Parking/public transportation
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Paid holidays
• Supplemental voluntary plans, such as:
• Term life insurance
• Additional AD&D
• AFLAC cancer indemnity plan
• Whole life insurance
• Critical illness insurance
• Accident insurance
In addition, professional development training is provided to individuals through in-house classes. The firm recognizes that employees need to grow and develop to be successful with the firm. The firm embraces training and feels it is a vital element to everyone's success.
Bilzin Sumberg is seeking a tech savvy Document Word Processing Manager to oversee the word processing operators and secretarial staff. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a dynamic and fast paced environment. The DP Manager is a hands-on, working operator who coordinates work flow in the department and ensures proper staffing is allocated. In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic leader with a positive attitude.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train and develop word processing and secretarial staff.
- Coordinate and distribute work assignments during the day and evening; schedule work for night and weekend word processing staff.
- Maintain attendance for day, evening and weekend staffing; review and approve time and attendance for all word processing and secretarial staff; schedule vacations and planned leave for word processing and secretarial staff.
- Provide hands-on document editing and production utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Best Authority, Imanage Filesite, DAT Dealproof and any additional software as needed.
- Stay abreast of technology and software changes within the firm in order to be an expert in document preparation; ensure that staff is also trained on all software and meets all application requirements.
- Troubleshoot document issues and investigate any attorney issues or requirements.
- Maintain open communication with staff, attorneys and other managers.
- Performance management, including coaching & counseling; provide honest and timely feedback; address performance issues; participate in performance evaluations by seeking attorney feedback and meet with word processing and secretarial staff.
- Ensure that all department equipment is maintained properly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office programs including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Expert knowledge of InterAction CRM system.
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification.
- Strong technology background.
- Must demonstrate enthusiasm, aptitude and organizational skills.
- Strong reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience in high volume/fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years of legal management experience.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to Jackie Benito, Chief Human Resources Officer.
Bilzin Sumberg is seeking an experienced Marketing Technology Specialist whose primary responsibility includes supervising marketing technology-related projects, performing support and administration of marketing platforms, and supporting the marketing team by troubleshooting technology questions regarding the website, email marketing system, and proposal generator. The Marketing Technology Specialist must understand the firm's marketing technology ecosystem and convey those benefits to the attorneys in a way that creates valuable action. The Marketing Technology Specialist is also responsible for documenting technology-related policies and procedures in the form of quick reference guides, online help, knowledge-based documentation and other documentation as assigned.
Other essential responsibilities/specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide user training and support.
• Assist with the launch of new software for the team when necessary.
• Using our online platforms, create and manage such items as announcements, client alerts, event invitations, and registration forms.
• Create custom email marketing templates, snippets and other HTML customization requests needed by the Marketing team.
• Develop e-communications platform “best practices guide” for the Marketing team.
• Run regular reports on analytics, analyze data for key trends, and provide interpretation and suggestions to CMO for various purposes, including but not limited to practice group updates, PR campaign effectiveness, audience statistics, accessibility compliance, and more.
• Assist in ensuring all website pages are search engine optimized, staying on top of current trends.
• Coordinate with KM and IT teams and outside vendors to troubleshoot issues and apply software upgrades and patches.
• Use Google Analytics, SiteImprove, and Vuture to develop and implement SEO improvement strategies.
• Monitor email marketing mailings and manage bounce backs.
• Set up customized RSS feeds in InterAction and meet with attorneys to refine their prospect lists for more targeted, valuable information.
• Research and identify current trends and third-party social media and content marketing platforms.
• Establish and implement social media engagement strategy.
• Identify legal and ethical issues related to interactive and social media marketing.