Bilzin Sumberg is dedicated to the efficient delivery of quality legal services through Knowledge Management, Legal Project Management and the use of data for competitive intelligence and legal research. In support of those goals, Bilzin Sumberg is seeking an energetic, positive and customer focused individual for the Applications Developer position.
The Applications Developer will assist other team members to gather business requirements and design application solutions. The role will include developing and implementing custom web-based applications to increase productivity and efficiency throughout the Firm; and, assisting with the planning, design, development, testing and implementation of new applications or maintenance on existing applications for legal line of business functions. The Applications Developer will perform data movement and transformation between systems; participate with other team members on developing solutions for end-user requirements, including the creation and support of SQL, and Web Services application development; create thorough documentation for all developed applications, including diagrams for data flow; perform unit testing of developed applications and assist others with QA testing of custom applications. The Applications Developer will have other duties as assigned.
• Design and build analytics dashboards using presentation layer controls and data class queries
• Assist in the development of custom libraries, lists, views and workflows
• Assist in management of ongoing projects including SharePoint (Handshake), Enterprise Search and other Knowledge Management initiatives
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Team player with excellent communication and creative problem-solving skills
• Thorough understanding and experience with Microsoft SQL (2008 – 2019), including creation of database schemas, stored procedures, views and building complex SQL statements
• Experience with PowerShell, writing scripts and cmdlets
• Experience developing workflows and forms
• Experience with Handshake frameworks (SQL classes & skins)
• Ability to analyze, design, configure, develop and implement solutions to meet business needs and objectives
• Work with product managers, business owners, DBA(s) and vendors to create integration both to/from vendors
• Experience with front-end customization using HTML and CSS
• Effective verbal and written technical communication skills
• Ability to produce technical documentation
• Effective self-organization and planning skills
• Must be able to adjust when there is a shift in priorities
• Ability to act proactively and make productive decisions
• Maintain up-to-date awareness of current and future directions of business industry and associated technologies
Interested candidates should submit a resume to Jackie F. Gallego, Chief Human Resources Officer.
3+ years of relevant software development experience required, law firm experience a plus.
• On premise SharePoint 2013
• SQL Management Studio
• Active Directory
• Aderant/Handshake framework
• Aderant Financial Software
• Foundation Software
• InterAction CRM