Bilzin Sumberg is seeking a Conflicts Attorney with a minimum of two (2) years law firm experience clearing and resolving conflict issues. The position will work closely with our Firm's General Counsel and Conflicts team in managing, researching and monitoring potential conflicts of interest and risk management issues to avoid possible legal conflicts and business issues.
• Review and analysis of new matters to identify potential conflicts of interest, interface with professionals, secretaries and other Firm personnel to gather pertinent information and viewpoints, and apply Florida Rules of Professional Conduct, other applicable rules, and Firm policies and procedures to analyze whether a proposed matter presents conflict(s) of interest and, if so, potential permitted resolutions of such conflict(s), if any, though waivers or other alternatives.
• Communicate with and advise professionals, secretaries and other Firm personnel on established Firm policies and Procedures related to conflicts.
• Consult with the Conflicts Manager on procedural issues concerning Firm policies that affect the Conflicts Department.
• Draft and review consents, engagement letters, termination letters, and disclosures.
• Assist with the onboarding new hires, including reviewing conflict reports, working with candidate to obtain additional information as needed, communicating with appropriate practice group leaders and the General Counsel regarding conflict issues, waivers and ethical walls.
• Confirm need for, and coordinate with General Counsel to create, ethical walls to screen individuals from particular clients and matters as part of conflict clearing process.
• Prioritize requests and coordinate with other team members as appropriate to maintain appropriate flow of priority requests.
• Advise Firm attorneys and incoming professionals on resolution of conflicts of interest issues; and, possess and maintain knowledge of conflicts of interest rules.
• Assist General Counsel with other projects as needed.
• JD degree required
• Member of the Florida Bar in good standing
• Strong Outlook, Excel and Word skills required
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Must be extremely detail oriented, organized and have great follow through skills
• Must be able to learn new software programs as needed
• Must have the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Must be able to juggle and prioritize multiple projects
• Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Must be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands
• Experience with Intapp is a plus