Bilzin Sumberg is seeking a Records Clerk. The ideal candidate must be well-organized, have the ability to multi-task, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, be self-motivated, and able to coordinate and function well in a team setting. The position also entails closely communicating with attorneys and other administrative departments within the firm. Prior filing experience at a law firm is preferred.
Overview of Responsibilities:
• Responsible for organization of client files and physical condition of records management space, including interfiling, labeling, shelving, scanning, boxing, and shifting.
• Perform clerical tasks related to updating and maintaining client files in accordance with established records management policies and procedures.
• Research location of files and folders; interfile loose materials; create additional folders as needed and requested; create and update file indexes utilizing automated records management system.
• Find and correct labeling, filing, shelving, indexing, and other clerical errors in existing files; make appropriate changes on physical files and update records management system.
• Monitor shelf space needs; pull and box inactive files for off-site storage; recommend and carry out pull-and-shift projects.
• Must have the ability to consistently lift 50 pound boxes is required.
• Scan records center, offices, workstations, war rooms, and other decentralized file storage areas according to a predefined schedule every five weeks on a Saturday morning.
• Assist secretaries and other department personnel in locating misplaced documents and folders.
• Ensure firm protocol is being followed and assist with other tasks and projects as needed.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to Jackie Gallego, Chief Human Resources Officer.