Alan D. Axelrod
- Chambers USA
Other representations include initial public offerings, private placements of equity and debt (including real property and debt funds), tender offers, venture capital financings, secured and unsecured credit facilities, corporate recapitalizations and restructurings, and shareholder employment and consulting agreements. Alan has advised clients in leveraged lease transactions involving railroad cars, airplanes, and computer hardware, and has handled a proxy fight involving a New York Stock Exchange company. He has represented clients in pari-mutuel licensing matters in Florida, Wisconsin, and Texas, multi-bank structured asset transactions with the FDIC, and acquisitions and dispositions of financial institutions, financial services and healthcare companies.
Served as Florida Legal Advisor to the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of China Fire & Security Group, Inc., (Nasdaq: CFSG), a Florida NASDAQ Stock Market company and a leading total solution provider of industrial fire protection systems in China. The representation was in connec...
EducationStanford University, J.D., Board of Editors, Stanford Law Review, 1977Bucknell University, B.A., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1972
InvolvementAmerican Bar AssociationMergers and Acquisitions Committee, 1978 - PresentDade County Bar Association1982 - PresentThe Florida BarAdmitted, 1981New York State Bar AssociationSecurities Regulation Committee, 2011 - PresentSpecial Olympics1995 - Present
Bar AdmissionsFloridaNew York
- Band 1, Chambers USA, Corporate/M&A & Private Equity, 2006 - present
- The Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year - Mergers & Acquisitions Law, 2016 - present
- The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, 2008 - present
- The Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year - Miami Mergers & Acquisitions Law, 2013
- Real Estate Forum, Annual Deals & Dealmakers, 2015
- Daily Business Review, Top Dealmakers of the Year - Retail winner, 2015
- Daily Business Review, Top Dealmakers of the Year - Real Estate Finance finalist, 2014
- Daily Business Review, Top Dealmakers of the Year - Corporate International winner & runner up, 2012
- Daily Business Review, Top Dealmakers of the Year - Distressed Real Estate, 2011
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2006 - 2013, 2016 - present
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyers, 2004 - present
- Florida Trends Legal Elite, 2005 - 2011
- AV® Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
Sending an email will not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should not send us any information that you want treated confidentially. By clicking "I Accept," you acknowledge that we may review and use any information you transmit to us.