Andrej Micovic presented on Financing Public-Private Partnerships for Infrastructure, Transportation, Energy and Redevelopment Projects as part of Strafford Live CLE Webinars.
There are several key risks to allocate and manage for successful financing of P3 projects. The panel focused on guiding counsel in structuring financing for various P3 projects, including traditional and alternative financing, private activity and tax-exempt bonds, and governmental funds such as TIFIA. The panel explained risk allocation measures to ensure successful financing and discussed recent legislative, regulatory and case law developments impacting PPPs and financing.
Some of the key issues discussed include:
• How does funding differ from financing?
• How are governments finding new means of funding infrastructure improvements?
• What are the current trends for financing P3 projects?
• What are the primary roles of public entities as partners in the finance structure?
• What are the risks and mitigating factors associated with the various financing models?