August 9, 2022 – Miami, FL – As businesses migrate to Florida in record numbers and capital is deployed throughout the state in a diverse range of sectors, law firm Bilzin Sumberg is expanding both its Corporate & Finance practice and its CMBS practice to keep pace with demand for its services. The firm, which is home to one of Florida’s largest and most active teams specialized in all aspects of corporate, securities, mergers and acquisitions, joint venture formations, corporate financings, and transactions involving commercial mortgage-backed securities, has added six attorneys: Nathaniel G. Dutt, Alexandra Haller, Brianna Hazzi, Clay B. Roberts, Catalina Rodriguez, and Dominic Valponi.
These additions expand the firm’s ability to counsel companies of all sizes – from startups to public companies – in matters ranging from capital raises and cross-border transactions, to private equity/debt placements, and acquisitions and divestments. They also bolster Bilzin Sumberg’s nationally recognized CMBS practice, which advises on complex transactions running the full gamut of CMBS loan servicing issues covering pooling and servicing agreements, mezzanine loans, preferred equity, inter-creditor and co-lender agreements, and rating agency reviews, among others.
Bilzin Sumberg has thrived by anticipating economic cycles and seizing opportunity within the sectors that drive Florida, with the firm’s Corporate & Finance and CMBS attorneys positioned to counsel public and private companies, real estate owners and developers, and investors allocating capital in the state.
Demand for these services is expected to grow as Florida sees a surge of new companies and residents, with more than 200,000 people relocating to the state in 2021 alone.
“Our welcoming these talented attorneys to the practice is a direct response to the exciting expansion and relocation of businesses from other parts of the country to Florida,” says David Seifer, Practice Group Leader for the firm’s Corporate & Finance Group, “With the expansion of our Corporate & Finance practice, we will be able to continue to serving clients on the complex and sophisticated corporate matters that we’re sought out for.”
The newest members of Bilzin Sumberg’s Corporate & Finance and CMBS practices include:
• Nathaniel G. Dutt structures mergers, acquisitions, consolidations, divestitures, capital restructurings, purchases, sales, strategic alliances, and joint ventures, and further counsels various sized businesses - from the start-up stage to established large enterprises - on the varying income tax consequences of such transactions. He also provides tax opinions for difficult and convoluted issues, and works with clients to plan and implement tax strategies for a diversified set of business activities and transactions.
• Alexandra Haller represents private companies and private funds in formation and governance matters, M&A transactions, and other strategic transactions. Her broad experience covers matters in a diverse range of sectors, including software, healthcare, life sciences, e-commerce, renewable energy technology, and the aerospace industry, among others.
• Brianna Hazzi represents CMBS loan servicers on a range of CMBS-related transactions, including loan assumptions, consents to non-permitted equity transfers, partial releases, easements, collateral swaps and redevelopment, cash management, condemnations, loan modifications, deeds in lieu of foreclosure, and other loan workouts.
• Clay B. Roberts comes to Bilzin Sumberg with wide experience in domestic and cross-border corporate restructuring matters advising companies, institutional creditors and bondholders, and other interested parties, in- and out-of-court. He also has substantial experience litigating insolvency-related disputes.
• Catalina Rodriguez represents CMBS loan servicers in all aspects of CMBS loan servicing, covering loan assumptions, consents to non-permitted equity transfers, partial releases, easements, collateral swaps and redevelopment, cash management, condemnations, loan modifications, deeds in lieu of foreclosure, and other loan workouts.
• Dominic Valponi focuses his practice on secured and unsecured financial transactions. He regularly represents mortgage portfolio lenders and servicers of commercial mortgage-backed securities and securitized loans, including assumptions, modifications, defeasances, leasing matters, and other servicing issues. Dominic also represents private and institutional lenders in connection with the origination of secured loans and has experience representing public and private companies with respect to various M&A transactions, equity offerings, and debt financings.
About Bilzin Sumberg
Bilzin Sumberg counsels clients whose business and legal opportunities and challenges span the United States and cross borders to Europe, Latin America, Canada, the Middle East, and Asia. The firm's growth has paralleled that of its Miami home base, a region known for its rich cultural, social, and professional diversity. Bilzin Sumberg lawyers concentrate on services at the heart of both regional and international commerce, including real estate, land development and government relations, environmental, corporate law, joint ventures, domestic and international tax and estate planning, business litigation, finance, and public-private partnerships. For more information, please visit bilzin.com.