In the legal services sector human capital is everything. As such, Bilzin Sumberg focuses relentlessly on attracting high quality attorneys, paralegals and staff to join our team. At Bilzin Sumberg, you will have opportunities to work on complex legal cases for regional and national clients spanning a wide array of industries. You’ll deepen your knowledge of the law, sharpen your skills and craft sophisticated legal strategies to accomplish our clients’ goals.
Providing outstanding client service is our ultimate objective, and we recruit professionals who share our commitment to excellence. Attorneys and staff come to Bilzin Sumberg to begin or evolve in their careers, while working with the best and the brightest in our profession.
At the same time, Bilzin Sumberg understands that healthy employees are productive employees. The firm takes health and wellness seriously, strongly encouraging attorneys and staff to engage in healthy habits and activities outside of work. Bilzin Sumberg is proud to have been recognized as the healthiest mid-sized employer in South Florida by Healthiest Employers, a leading wellness trends data and employer research organization that recognizes employers that make wellness and healthy habits a priority for their employees. The firm’s commitment to health and wellness is demonstrated by the myriad offering of company-sponsored benefits and programs that employees can choose from.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Bilzin Sumberg's position on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) is clear and unequivocal: DEI is a top priority for the firm, which does whatever it takes to operationalize DEI and make it an indelible part of firm culture. We seek to create a professional environment that reflects the diversity of the communities we live in, and where all employees feel welcome and are encouraged to thrive in developing their careers.
Bilzin Sumberg has received numerous accolades from industry associations and publications in recognition of the results it achieves in integrating DEI, among them its recent receipt of the Diversity & Flexibility Alliance’s Tipping the Scales award for being one of a select number of large law firms nation-wide where female attorneys account for more than half of partner promotions over the past year. The firm also publishes an annual Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Report documenting Bilzin Sumberg’s myriad activities and initiatives related to DEI. To learn more about our DEI agenda, please visit our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion page.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Jessica Buchsbaum, Chief Legal Talent Officer.
Bilzin Sumberg is seeking a mid-level associate to junior partner level attorney for our corporate practice. Candidates should have a 3 - 7 years of experience representing lenders or borrowers in complex loan transactions, including credit facilities, term loans, mortgage loans, mezzanine loans, intercreditor agreements and secondary transactions. Additional experience in providing support in M&A and/or joint venture transactions will be favorably considered. Candidates must possess strong academic experience. Major law firm experience preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Jessica Buchsbaum, Chief Legal Talent Officer.
Bilzin Sumberg is seeking a mid-level associate to junior partner level attorney for our corporate practice. Candidates should have a minimum of 4 years of experience with M&A transactions, corporate governance, and general corporate experience, including drafting and negotiating complex commercial transaction documentation. Additional experience in joint venture transactions, and in venture capital and private equity, will be favorably considered. Candidates will be provided with the opportunity to handle the day-to-day needs of clients and actively manage client relationships. Candidates must possess strong academic credentials. Major law firm experience preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Jessica Buchsbaum, Chief Legal Talent Officer.
ilzin Sumberg is dedicated to the efficient delivery of quality legal services through Knowledge Management, Legal Project Management and the use of data for competitive intelligence and legal research. In support of those goals, Bilzin Sumberg is recruiting for a highly technical, motivated and responsible Librarian.
Reporting to the Chief Knowledge Officer, the successful candidate will conduct legal and due diligence research as well as advise and assist in developing and maintaining the Library's technology applications.
This position offers competitive salary and benefits package.
- Performing due diligence research on clients and potential clients
- Responding to patron requests by identifying and locating information to meet their needs, including analysis and synthesis of information to solve problems under tight deadlines and fluctuating work loads
- Assist with other research projects as needed
- Coordinating vendor trainings and demonstrations
- Performing and understanding all duties of the library, including Cataloging, Interlibrary loan, and Serials (EOS Library System)
- Assisting with the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and work standards for the library
- Provide New Hire orientation and training on library tools.
- Assist with contract renewal workflow and invoice coding for processing.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Jackie Gallego, Chief Human Resources Officer.
Bilzin Sumberg is seeking an A/R Specialist. The ideal candidate will have at least 1 year of A/R experience, strong computer skills, as well as cash posting, and daily cash receipts reporting experience. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
1. Preparation of daily receipts; apply funds to appropriate account, handle deposits, write offs, and refunds;
2. Maintain several investment checking accounts and partner capital worksheets; prepare bank account reconciliations on a monthly basis;
3. Backup personnel for Trust transactions such as, maintain deposits, verify account clearance processes, disbursements via checks/wire transfers, maintain client investment bank accounts; and
4. Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Preferred Accounting degree
• Proficiency in Excel
• Proven problem solving skills
• Accuracy and highly detail oriented
• Excellent written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• CMS (Aderant) experience is a plus
Interested candidates should submit a resume to Jackie F. Gallego, Chief Human Resources Officer.
• Design and build analytics dashboards using presentation layer controls and data class queries
• Assist in the development and administration of custom libraries, lists, views and workflows using SharePoint 2013
• Assist in management of ongoing projects including SharePoint (Handshake), Enterprise Search and other Knowledge Management initiatives
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Team player with excellent communication and creative problem-solving skills
• Thorough understanding and experience with Microsoft SQL (2008 – 2019), including creation of database schemas, stored procedures, views and building complex SQL statements
• Experience with PowerShell, writing scripts and cmdlets
• Experience developing workflows and forms
• Experience with Handshake frameworks (SQL classes & skins)
• Ability to analyze, design, configure, develop and implement solutions to meet business needs and objectives
• Work with product managers, business owners, DBA(s) and vendors to create integration both to/from vendors
• Experience with visualizing BI Data, designing Power BI Dashboards, building Power Queries and maintaining Power BI Datasets and Dataflow
• Effective verbal and written technical communication skills
• Ability to produce technical documentation
• Effective self-organization and planning skills
• Must be able to adjust when there is a shift in priorities
• Ability to act proactively and make productive decisions
• Maintain up-to-date awareness of current and future directions of business industry and associated technologies
Interested candidates should submit a resume to Jackie Gallego, Chief Human Resources Officer..
Candidates must have excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Proficiency with MS Excel and familiarity with online research tools is required. Experience with InTapp Open and Conflicts, Aderant Expert and iManage is preferred, but not required. Attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and an ability to work under pressure are imperative. Major law firm experience preferred.
Reporting to the Chief Knowledge Officer, the Knowledge Management (KM) Attorney is responsible for educating the practice groups on effectively applying technology and KM best practices, promoting adoption of KM resources, and facilitating other KM-related projects as needed.
• Knowledge of legal documents and legal practices
• Outstanding communication, both written and verbal and the ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
• Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
• Attention to detail and organizational skills
• Passionate about the importance and relevance of knowledge management
• Ability to solve problems, both technical issues and situations involving collaboration with attorneys and non-legal staff/departments
• Fluency in standard MS Office applications and ability to quickly master new collaboration and similar software and tools
• Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
• Excellent project management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to meet tight deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, including the ability to translate information between technical personnel and attorneys
• Receptiveness to feedback and coaching; growth mindset
• Provide in-depth training on KM tools for lateral attorneys and new associates
• Provide ongoing individual, group lawyer and staff training on KM tools, resources, and best practices
• Help drive stakeholder engagement, learning/training, organizational change communications, deployment, and adoption measurement
• Collaborate with other attorneys and KM professionals on KM and innovation initiatives that span multiple practice groups
• Stay informed about market trends and technology developments applicable to the practice group
• Manage the change portfolio and communicate planned technology changes across the organization
KM CONTENT DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT
• Work with practice group committees and leadership to create and maintain a collection of practice-specific resources, such as templates, checklists, and other know-how, to facilitate knowledge reuse
• Identify, develop, test, and promote templates suitable for automation.
• Develop workflows leveraging practice group resources and technologies to promote
efficiency in common matter types
• Oversee KM projects delegated to associates and support staff
• Organize and curate practice sites on the firm intranet to promote and make accessible
the highest value content
PRACTICE GROUP OUTREACH AND EDUCATION
• Be an ambassador for the adoption of KM-oriented technologies to better integrate
technology into the practice
• Actively contribute to a culture of valuing and leveraging the firm’s knowledge.
• Assist practitioners in locating practice-related internal and external knowledge
resources and technologies
• Evaluate new and innovative workflow, technology, KM and research tools and
resources based on Practice Group needs; participate in technology pilots and
• Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust and productive relationships
across the firm
• Ability to analyze a problem/project quickly and accurately and to develop creative
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Exhibit high degree of initiative in managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fastpaced,
deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment
• Dependable team player with high energy, creativity and vision who works
collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to quickly learn new skills and technologies and apply existing knowledge to new
• Knowledge of legal concepts related to the business of the firm and the legal industry
• Knowledge of current legal technology trends and industry demands
• Proficiency in legal software and applications such as iManage and document
• Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
• Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
• Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project
• Demonstrated good business judgments and analytical skills
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Jackie F. Gallego, Chief Human Resources Officer.