In the legal services sector human capital is everything. As such, Bilzin Sumberg focuses relentlessly on attracting high quality attorneys, paralegals and staff to join our team. At Bilzin Sumberg, you will have opportunities to work on complex legal cases for regional and national clients spanning a wide array of industries. You’ll deepen your knowledge of the law, sharpen your skills and craft sophisticated legal strategies to accomplish our clients’ goals.
Providing outstanding client service is our ultimate objective, and we recruit professionals who share our commitment to excellence. Attorneys and staff come to Bilzin Sumberg to begin or evolve in their careers, while working with the best and the brightest in our profession.
Bilzin Sumberg offers professional opportunities for lawyers and other professionals at every stage of their careers. Come join our team.
Bilzin Sumberg Baena Price & Axelrod LLP is seeking a mid-level litigation associate with a minimum of 4+ years sophisticated commercial litigation experience. Candidates must possess strong academic credentials. Major law firm experience preferred.
Bilzin Sumberg is seeking a tech savvy Document Word Processing Manager to oversee the word processing operators and secretarial staff. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a dynamic and fast paced environment. The DP Manager is a hands-on, working operator who coordinates work flow in the department and ensures proper staffing is allocated. In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic leader with a positive attitude.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train and develop word processing and secretarial staff.
- Coordinate and distribute work assignments during the day and evening; schedule work for night and weekend word processing staff.
- Maintain attendance for day, evening and weekend staffing; review and approve time and attendance for all word processing and secretarial staff; schedule vacations and planned leave for word processing and secretarial staff.
- Provide hands-on document editing and production utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Best Authority, Imanage Filesite, DAT Dealproof and any additional software as needed.
- Stay abreast of technology and software changes within the firm in order to be an expert in document preparation; ensure that staff is also trained on all software and meets all application requirements.
- Troubleshoot document issues and investigate any attorney issues or requirements.
- Maintain open communication with staff, attorneys and other managers.
- Performance management, including coaching & counseling; provide honest and timely feedback; address performance issues; participate in performance evaluations by seeking attorney feedback and meet with word processing and secretarial staff.
- Ensure that all department equipment is maintained properly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Performing due diligence research on clients and potential clients
- Responding to patron requests by identifying and locating information to meet their needs, including analysis and synthesis of information to solve problems under tight deadlines and fluctuating work loads
- Coordinating vendor trainings and demonstrations
- Performing and understanding all duties of the library, including Cataloging, Interlibrary loan, and Serials (EOS Library System)
- Assisting with Knowledge Management initiatives
- Assisting with the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and work standards for the library
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Jackie Benito, Chief Human Resources Officer.
• Draft, organize and review transactional documents including partnership agreements, corporate minutes, consents, UCC filings, name change, DBAs, entity formation, conversions, mergers, recapitalizations of stock and dissolutions.
• Corporate compliance with State Business Laws, including annual compliance requirements for clients.
• Draft, organize and review estate planning documents (including wills, revocable trusts, insurance trusts, intentionally defective grantor trusts and charitable trusts).
• Preparation of various IRS tax forms.
• Experience with estate tax returns, gift tax returns, and trust accounting.
• Form and maintain various foreign companies.
• Assist with probate matters, including preparation of probate forms.
Candidates must be proficient in MS Word, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work in a multi-task environment. Major law firm experience preferred. International TTE experience a plus. Interested candidates should submit a resume to Jackie Benito, Chief Human Resources Officer.