Karyl focuses her practice on structuring and executing large commercial real estate transactions. She represents the largest special servicers of CMBS loans in the country. As a Director in the CMBS capital markets group, she handles complex assumptions, transfers of interests, workouts, forbearances and loan modifications, among others, with a special focus in the hospitality sector. She has experience counseling national and local developers, lenders, landlords, tenants, sellers, and purchasers in engagements such as acquisition, disposition and operation of property, development and financing for all asset types, including office, retail, multi-family, hospitality, self-storage and health care facilities, as well as portfolios of real property.
As a bilingual Hispanic attorney, she has excelled at developing strong business relationships with Spanish-speaking clients, as well as forging new relationships with international clientele. She offers integrated counsel with a sense of each party's ultimate objectives.
EducationSt. Thomas University, J.D., Articles Editor, St. Thomas Law Review, 2001Florida International University, B.S., 1997
InvolvementCommercial Real Estate Women (CREW)Immediate Past-President, 2015
Director Community Affairs, 2012
Board of Directors - Legal Counsel, 2010 and 2011
CREW Careers - Mentor high school girls to increase gender and ethnic diversity in the commercial real estate industry
UCREW - Mentor college graduate students as part of a CREW national projectCoral Gables Chamber of CommerceTrustee MemberCuban American Bar AssociationMemberThe Florida BarReal Property, Probate & Trust Section, Member
Business Law Section, MemberHispanic National Bar AssociationStreet Law, Inc.Law Firm Diversity Pipeline Program, ParticipantUnited Way of Miami-DadeWomen United Committee, Vice Chair
Women United Executive Committee, Member
- CREW-Miami, Mentor of the Year Award, 2016
- The Women's Fund of Miami-Dade, Mujeres Giving Back Time Award, 2015
- Real Estate Forum's Tomorrow's Leaders Southeast, 2014
- CREW-Miami, Miami Star Award, 2014
- Florida Super Lawyers, Florida Rising Stars, 2009 - 2014
- AXA Businesswomen of the Year, Finalist, 2010, 2014
- Daily Business Review, Top Dealmakers of the Year - Hotel, 2012
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, 40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of Miami-Dade County, 2012
- CREW-Miami, Networking Deal of the Year Award, 2011
- Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce, Rising Star, Finalist, 2010 - 2011
- CREW Network, 20 under 40 National Award, 2010
Sending an email will not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should not send us any information that you want treated confidentially. By clicking "I Accept," you acknowledge that we may review and use any information you transmit to us.