John C. Sumberg
- Chambers USA
John Sumberg serves as Managing Partner of Bilzin Sumberg, where he leads the business and strategic operations of the Firm.
John is one of the most influential real estate lawyers in South Florida, leveraging his presence and wisdom to guide stakeholders through strategic business decisions.
Throughout his 40-plus-year career, John's influence can be seen in the revitalization of Miami's skyline and in connection with complex real estate transactions worth billions of dollars.
EducationYale Law School, J.D., Editor, Yale Law Journal (1973 - 1974), 1974Yale University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1971
InvolvementUnited Way of Miami-DadeExecutive Committee Member
Board Member and Trustee
Center for Excellence in Education Campaign Co-Chair, Campaign CabinetUniversity of Miami School of Architecture Master in Real Estate Development + UrbanismAdvisory Board, Chair and Executive Committee Member; former Vice Chair
Transportation & Infrastructure Committee, Co-Chair
Nominating Committee, Co-ChairGreater Miami Jewish FederationBoard Member
Audit Committee, ChairSundari Foundation Lotus House Women's ShelterBoard Member
Lotus Endowment Fund, Board Member and Vice ChairMiami Herald CEO RoundtableFormer MemberDrug Free Youth in TownFormer Board Member
Bar AdmissionsFloridaNew York
- Band 1, Chambers USA, Real Estate, 2003 - present
- The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2003 - present
- The Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year - Miami Real Estate Law, 2013, 2018
- Daily Business Review, Distinguished Leader, 2017
- Bisnow, Miami Power 50 - The Most Influential Players in Commercial Real Estate, 2016
- South Florida Business Journal, Power Leaders in Law, 2017
- South Florida Business Journal, Top 100 Power Leaders, 2014, 2015
- South Florida Business Journal, Power Leaders in Law & Accounting, 2014, 2015
- Daily Business Review, Top Dealmakers of the Year - Mixed Use finalist, 2014
- Daily Business Review, Top Dealmakers of the Year - Hotels, 2013
- Florida Super Lawyers, Top 100 Miami Florida Super Lawyers, 2013
- Miami Today's Book of Leaders, 2013
- South Florida Business Journal, Book of Law, Leading Lawyer, 2011; Top Managing Partner, 2012; Legal Leader, 2013
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2006 - present
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyers, 2004 - present
- AV® Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
Sending an email will not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should not send us any information that you want treated confidentially. By clicking "I Accept," you acknowledge that we may review and use any information you transmit to us.