Miami, FL - Bilzin Sumberg announces it has hired more than a dozen new attorneys in the past quarter alone to keep pace with Miami’s meteoric rise as a global city. The firm’s new hires will support the firm’s growing Corporate, International Tax, Litigation and Real Estate Practice Groups, all of which are undergoing a period of rapid growth in line with the major investment activity underway within the region.
“Bilzin Sumberg continues to grow alongside the city at a time when all eyes remain fixed on Miami as an international hub for commerce and investment, said John C. Sumberg, managing partner of Bilzin Sumberg. “These latest additions will further bolster our international capabilities in the key sectors driving Miami’s economy forward including corporate finance, international tax and estate planning, real estate, technology and inbound investment.”
The new additions to the firm are as follows, by practice area:
- Jose Sariego is a Partner in the firm’s Corporate Group, focusing his practice on international media, entertainment and transactional law. Prior to joining Bilzin Sumberg, Jose oversaw the Business & Legal Affairs departments of two major television networks. Jose has led complex negotiations with some of the largest media companies in Latin America, and he has extensive experience negotiating and closing multi-million-dollar licensing, distribution and other deals in both the U.S. and overseas. Born in Cuba, he is fluent in Spanish and proficient in Portuguese.
International Tax Group
- Hal J. Webb is a Partner in the International Tax Group and serves as head of International Private Client Services. His expertise spans a host of international issues, including foreign trusts with U.S. beneficiaries, pre-immigration planning for people moving to the U.S., large gifts and inheritances received by U.S. citizens from foreign estates and/or individuals, as well as tax planning for foreign companies seeking to do business in the U.S.
- Jennifer J. Wioncek is a Partner in Bilzin Sumberg’s International Tax Group, where she focuses her practice on general international tax planning, international trust and estate planning, pre-immigration planning, international reporting and compliance, and representation of family offices.
- Christian M. Cameron is an Associate in Bilzin Sumberg's International Tax Group. Christian has been involved in the creation of estate plans for high net-worth individuals and the drafting of wills, trusts, and health care documents.
- Kenneth J. Duvall is an Associate in Bilzin Sumberg's Litigation Group. Ken's experience includes defending national and international clients in product liability, securities litigation, white collar crime and general commercial litigation.
Real Estate Group
- Shari D. Ben Moussa is Of Counsel in the Real Estate Group and focuses her practice on real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing and financing. Shari is fluent in Spanish and serves as an Executive Council Member of The Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section.
- Salomé Bascuñan is an Associate in Bilzin Sumberg’s Real Estate Group. She concentrates her practice on the representation of institutional lenders, investors and developers in commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, financing and development of commercial real estate. Salomé is fluent in Spanish.
- Frank E. Whitaker, III is an Associate on staff in Bilzin Sumberg's Real Estate Group. Frank has previously clerked for in-house counsel at a large-scale real estate development and sales company.
Bilzin Sumberg is a commercial law firm based in Florida. Our core practices include Business Finance & Restructuring, Corporate, Environmental, International, Land Development & Government Relations, Litigation, Real Estate and Tax. For more information, please visit bilzin.com.