Miami, Florida, June 13, 2008 John C. Sumberg, Managing Partner at Bilzin Sumberg Baena Price & Axelrod, LLP, announced today that the firm as well as 17 of the firm's attorneys have received top rankings from Chambers USA, one of the oldest and most prestigious legal listings in the world. The Chambers USA 2008 rankings includes 38% of Bilzin Sumberg's partners, representing each of the firm's major practice groups: Corporate & Securities, Real Estate, Land Use, Environmental, Restructuring & Bankruptcy, Litigation and Tax.
This year, the firm was also ranked Band 1, the highest ranking a law firm can receive, in both Real Estate and Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use, making 2008 the fourth consecutive year these practices have earned this internationally renowned ranking. Matching the success of these practices is the Restructuring & Bankruptcy Group, which also earned a Band 1 ranking this year. Both the firm's Tax and Corporate/M&A practices earned a Band 2 ranking, with Corporate/M&A moving up from last year's listing. Additionally, Allison K. Hift joined the Chambers USA listing for her extensive work in the areas of Corporate/M&A and Technology & Telecommunications.
Rankings for each practice group and attorney are listed below:
Bankruptcy (Band 1):
- Scott L. Baena (Band 1) Mindy A. Mora (Band 2) Jay M. Sakalo (Up & Coming)
Corporate/M&A (Band 2):
- Alan D. Axelrod (Band 3)
- Howard E. Nelson (Band 3)
Litigation (Band 4):
- Robert W. Turken (Band 4)
Tax (Band 2):
- Samuel C. Ullman (Band 1) Richard M. Goldstein (Band 4)
Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use (Band 1):
- Stanley B. Price (Band 1) Carter N. McDowell (Band 2) Albert E. Dotson, Jr.(Band 4) Brian S.Adler (Up & Coming)
Real Estate (Band 1):
- Brian L. Bilzin (Band 1) John C. Sumberg (Band 1) James W. Shindell (Band 3) Suzanne Amaducci-Adams (Up & Coming)