August 9, 2022 – Miami, FL – As Florida experiences a steady influx of residents, businesses, and investment, law firm Bilzin Sumberg is expanding its Real Estate practice to keep pace with demand for its services. The Firm, which houses one of the state’s largest and most active real estate practices counselling clients across all asset classes, has added seven attorneys: Brittany Chung, Sonja Darby, Alani Fraga, Mamie Joeveer, Kevin Koushel, and Aharon Rosenberg.
These additions expand the Firm’s ability to address every facet of a client’s real estate needs – from facilitating inbound investment and transacting financing deals on behalf of developers and joint ventures, to navigating the complex issues involved in condominium terminations, to securing zoning entitlements and structuring infrastructure projects for public and private sector clients. Demand for these services is expected to grow as Florida sees a surge of new companies and residents, with more than 200,000 people relocating to the state in 2021 alone.
Bilzin Sumberg stands at the center of virtually every major project shaping Florida. Current and recent examples include the development and expansion of the privately financed Brightline rail system, the $400 million overhaul of Hard Rock Stadium, and development of The Plaza, which is the largest private development to take shape in the history of Coral Gables. Given Bilzin Sumberg’s in-depth knowledge of the dynamics driving Florida’s key markets, the Firm is often the first choice for those coming into the South Florida market.
“From ushering in Class-A office and retail developments, to luxury hotels and residences, Bilzin Sumberg is guiding the most transformative developments taking shape in Florida,” says Suzanne Amaducci, the firm’s Head of Real Estate, “The expansion of our Real Estate practice will allow us to continue serving existing clients, while putting us in position to take on new clients both within Florida and outside our state as we experience never-before-seen demand across all asset classes.”
The newest members of Bilzin Sumberg’s Real Estate practice include:
• Brittany Chung focuses her practice on real estate acquisitions and dispositions, financing, and re-financings. She serves as buyer and borrower’s counsel on deals that cover a broad range of assets and has experience representing traditional lenders on various mortgage loans.
• Sonja Darby focuses on real estate acquisitions, dispositions, and development with a long track record of successfully closing deals for clients. Ms. Darby has experience working with an array of assets, including office buildings, vacant land, condominiums, apartment buildings, warehouses, retail properties, and single-family homes.
• Alani Fraga has experience with real estate acquisition and development. During her time at University of Virginia School of Law, she participated in the Virginia Law & Business Review. Ms. Fraga also served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Antonio Arzola, the Honorable Cecila Altonaga, and the Honorable Adalberto Jordan.
• Mamie Joeveer specializes in real estate acquisitions, dispositions, and development. Ms. Joeveer has experience with commercial contracts, corporate governance, contract compliance in connection with commercial real-estate financing, and joint venture agreements.
• Kevin Koushel focuses on real estate acquisitions, dispositions, and development, and has experience with condominium and community association law. Mr. Koushel holds professional licenses in real estate and construction, in both Florida and Georgia.
• Aharon Rosenberg counsels clients on complex real estate finance transactions, the acquisition and disposition of real estate assets, and affordable housing matters. He has experience working with city, state, and federal governmental agencies, having previously served as Executive Agency Counsel for the New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development, Office of Legal Affairs, Contracts and Real Estate Division.
About Bilzin Sumberg
Bilzin Sumberg counsels clients whose business and legal opportunities and challenges span the United States and cross borders to Europe, Latin America, Canada, the Middle East, and Asia. The firm's growth has paralleled that of its Miami home base, a region known for its rich cultural, social, and professional diversity. Bilzin Sumberg lawyers concentrate on services at the heart of both regional and international commerce, including real estate, land development and government relations, environmental, corporate law, joint ventures, domestic and international tax and estate planning, business litigation, finance, and public-private partnerships. For more information, please visit bilzin.com.