Javier F. Aviñó
Javier also has extensive experience representing clients in the restaurant and hospitality industry with liquor licensing and permitting. This niche practice includes the solicitation of new licenses, the transfer of existing licenses, and the resolution of any zoning or permitting issues.
Representation of Miami Produce Center, an entity controlled by Robert Wennett, in the filing of a Special Area Plan (SAP) with the City of Miami for a proposed eight-building development with over 1 million square feet of residential, office, retail, hotel, and educational components in the Alla...
Representation of Brightline, an affiliate of Florida East Coast Industries, Inc., in the procurement, land acquisition, and development of portions of the $2.4 billion high-speed passenger rail project connecting South and Central Florida. Passenger service will be created in central Florida and...
Assisted New York-based Property Markets Group with pre-acquisition due diligence, land use and zoning, and entitlements on a new building at 300 Biscayne Boulevard in Miami, Florida which will be the tallest building in Miami once complete. The Waldorf Astoria Hotel and Residences will occupy th...
Representation of Malaysia-based Resorts World Miami, an affiliate of the Genting Group, in its development of a new bus station and automated people mover station, and a private hotel constructed in the air rights. Successfully navigated a competitive RFP process and negotiated a long-term lease...
EducationUniversity of Miami, J.D., 2004Boston College, B.A., Psychology, 1999
InvolvementAmerican Bar AssociationBrazilian-American Chamber of Commerce of FloridaBuilders Association of South FloridaLegislative Committee MemberCuban American Bar AssociationGreater Miami Chamber of CommerceInternational Council of Shopping CentersLatin Builders AssociationBoard of DirectorsLeadership MiamiClass XXXI, 2009 - 2010Miami Downtown Development AuthorityTransit, Connectivity & Mobility Committee, MemberUrban Land InstituteMulti-Family Development Florida Product CouncilVoices for Children FoundationBoard Member
- Band 2, Chambers USA, Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use, 2019 - present
- Chambers USA, Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use, Up & Coming, 2015 - 2016
- Daily Business Review, Florida Trailblazer, 2020
- Connect CRE, Top 50 Lawyers in U.S., 2020
- Daily Business Review, Attorney on the Rise, 2017
- Daily Business Review, Top Dealmakers of the Year - Office finalist, 2014
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2018 - 2019
- Florida Super Lawyers, Florida Rising Stars, 2009 - 2014
- South Florida Business Journal, 40 Under 40 Honoree, 2014
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Up & Comers, 2015 - present
- The Best Lawyers in America, Land Use and Zoning Law, 2019 - present
Sending an email will not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should not send us any information that you want treated confidentially. By clicking "I Accept," you acknowledge that we may review and use any information you transmit to us.