Miami, FL – Bilzin Sumberg is proud to announce more than 60% of the firm's partners were recognized in the 2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©. This is the tenth consecutive year that more than half of the firm's Partners made this prestigious list.
Two of the firm's Partners were selected for the 2021 Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" award, an honor presented each year to a single outstanding lawyer by practice area and city. Alan D. Axelrod was selected in the Mergers and Acquisitions category; and Joy Spillis Lundeen was selected for the Construction Litigation category.
Additionally, Johnathan T. Ayers, Construction Partner, Paul J. D'Alessandro, Jr., Tax Attorney, Ilana Drescher, Litigation Attorney, Jake M. Greenberg, Litigation Attorney, Carly Grimm, Land Development & Government Relations Attorney, Michael C. Larmoyeux, Construction Attorney, and Alexander G. Leon, Construction Attorney, were recognized with the "Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch" award. This award recognizes attorneys who are earlier in their careers for outstanding professional excellence in private practice in the United States.
The following Bilzin Sumberg Partners were listed in 2021 The Best Lawyers in America© categories:
• Brian S. Adler Litigation - Land Use and Zoning; Real Estate Law
• Suzanne M. Amaducci Adams - Real Estate Law
• Javier F. Aviñó - Land Use and Zoning Law
• Alan D. Axelrod - Corporate Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law
• Brian L. Bilzin - Real Estate Law
• Jon Chassen - Real Estate Law
• Albert E. Dotson, Jr. - Government Relations Practice; Land Use and Zoning Law
• José M. Ferrer - International Arbitration - Commercial
• Richard M. Goldstein - Tax Law
• A. Vicky Leiva - Administrative / Regulatory Law; Land Use and Zoning Law
• Cristina Arana Lumpkin - Environmental Law
• Joy Spillis Lundeen - Litigation - Construction
• Adam D. Lustig - Real Estate Law
• Carter N. McDowell - Environmental Law; Land Use and Zoning Law
• Eileen Ball Mehta - Land Use and Zoning Law; Litigation - Environmental; Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
• Marjie C. Nealon - Real Estate Law
• Howard E. Nelson - Environmental Law; Litigation - Environmental
• Melissa C. Pallett-Vasquez - Commercial Litigation
• Marshall R. Pasternack - Corporate Law; Securities / Capital Markets Law
• Stanley B. Price - Environmental Law; Land Use and Zoning Law; Litigation - Land Use and Zoning; Real Estate Law
• Felix X. Rodriguez - Construction Law
• Jay M. Sakalo - Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Litigation - Bankruptcy
• Jose Sariego - International Mergers and Acquisitions
• Martin A. Schwartz - Real Estate Law
• James W. Shindell - Real Estate Law
• Phillip S. Sosnow - Real Estate Law
• John C. Sumberg - Real Estate Law
• David W. Trench - Commercial Litigation; Litigation - Real Estate
• Robert W. Turken - Commercial Litigation
• Hal J. Webb - Tax Law; Trusts and Estates
• Mitchell E. Widom - Commercial Litigation; Litigation - Real Estate; Litigation - Trusts and Estates
• Jennifer Wioncek - Tax Law, Trusts and Estates
Lawyers named to The Best Lawyers in America© publication were recognized by their peers in the legal industry for their professional excellence. For the 2021 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America, 8 million votes were analyzed, which resulted in the inclusion of more than 65,000 lawyers, or approximately 6% of lawyers in private practice in the United States.
About Bilzin Sumberg
Bilzin Sumberg works with clients whose business and legal opportunities and challenges span the United States and cross borders to Europe, Latin America, Canada, the Middle East, and Asia. The firm's growth has paralleled that of its Miami home base, a region known for its rich cultural, social, and professional diversity. Bilzin Sumberg lawyers concentrate on services at the heart of both regional and international commerce, including real estate, land development and government relations, environmental, corporate law, joint ventures, domestic and international tax and estate planning, business litigation, finance, and public-private partnerships. For more information, please visit bilzin.com.