"[They provide] carefully created and tailored attention"- Chambers USA
A Public-Private Partnership (P3) is an agreement between a government entity and a private partner to provide a public service or develop a public facility in a manner that divides the risks, rewards, and responsibilities between the public and private sectors. While these partnerships have many benefits, such as helping resolve public infrastructure challenges and stimulating job growth, they are governed by complex regulations and contractual arrangements that require sophisticated, experienced legal counsel.
Bilzin Sumberg’s P3 Team has been the key legal representation on various multi-billion dollar Public-Private Partnerships in Florida. Bilzin Sumberg has extensive experience in public-private projects, including rail and transit facilities, airports, marinas, sports facilities, convention centers, healthcare/life sciences facilities, educational institutions, water and sewer facilities, parking structures, and various infrastructure developments.
Our services are wide-reaching, but focus on:
• Government Contracting, including structuring teams and consortia, assisting clients with evaluating and responding to government solicitations and preparing oral presentations, legal analysis, and advocacy before selection committees and administrative personnel;
• Lobbying, including competitive research, strategy development and advocacy, meetings with public officials, and public presentations;
• Bid Protests, including defending and prosecuting bid protests at all levels of government and in the courts;
• Transactions and Project Finance, including negotiating contracts and assisting with financing and structuring the development program utilizing both public and private finance approaches;
• Educational Institutions and Municipalities, including assisting public educational institutions with developing and implementing a procurement plan and negotiating comprehensive P3 agreements;
• Multinational Companies – our P3 clients have included domestic, Asian, European, and South American companies and consortia seeking P3 opportunities in the states;
• Real estate developers – we have guided our clients through P3s for a variety of public real estate developments, including convention centers, parking garages, public transportation facilities, and educational facilities.
• Represent both Consortia and Design-Build Contractors in the drafting and negotiation of design and construction agreements for P3 infrastructure projects.
Representation of All Aboard Florida, an affiliate of Florida East Coast Industries, Inc., in the procurement, land acquisition, and development of portions of the $2.4 billion high-speed passenger rail project connecting South and Central Florida. Passenger service will be created in central Flo...
For the past 4 years, Bilzin Sumberg has been named a finalist for the national P3 Legal Advisor of the Year Award by P3 Hub Americas.
Representation of CH2M, a global full-service consulting, design, construction, and operations firm, in securing the Owner's Representative contract for Miami-Dade County's $5 billion Ocean Outfall Legislation program, and in post-award contract compliance and regulatory compliance. The 11-year O...