Miami, FL – Bilzin Sumberg is proud to announce that half of the firm's partners were recognized in the 2024 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©.
Albert E. Dotson, Jr., Chief Executive Officer & Managing Partner of the firm, was selected as a 2024 Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year – Government Relations, Miami", an honor presented each year to a single outstanding lawyer by practice area and city.
Additionally, Tax Partner Paul D’Alessandro, Jr., Litigation Partner Ilana Drescher, Litigation Partner Jake M. Greenberg, Land Use Associate Liana M. Kozlowski, and Construction Partner Michael C. Larmoyeux, were recognized with the "Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch" award. This award recognizes attorneys who are earlier in their careers for outstanding professional excellence in private practice in the United States.
The following Bilzin Sumberg partners were listed in 2024 The Best Lawyers in America© categories:
- Brian S. Adler - Litigation - Land Use and Zoning; Real Estate Law
- Suzanne M. Amaducci - Real Estate Law
- Javier F. Aviñó - Land Use and Zoning Law
- Brian L. Bilzin - Real Estate Law
- Jon Chassen - Real Estate Law
- Albert E. Dotson, Jr. - Government Relations Practice; Land Use and Zoning Law
- Richard M. Goldstein - Tax Law
- Joseph M. Hernandez – Real Estate Law
- Joy Spillis Lundeen - Construction Law; Litigation - Construction
- Adam D. Lustig - Real Estate Law
- Carter N. McDowell - Environmental Law; Land Use and Zoning Law
- Eileen Ball Mehta - Land Use and Zoning Law; Litigation - Environmental; Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
- Kelly Ruane Melchiondo - Construction Law; Litigation - Construction
- Marjie C. Nealon - Real Estate Law
- Howard E. Nelson - Environmental Law; Litigation - Environmental
- Melissa C. Pallett-Vasquez - Commercial Litigation
- Marshall R. Pasternack - Corporate Law; Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Felix X. Rodriguez - Construction Law; Litigation - Construction
- Jose Sariego – Corporate Law; International Mergers and Acquisitions
- Martin A. Schwartz - Real Estate Law; Community Association Law
- James W. Shindell - Real Estate Law
- John C. Sumberg - Real Estate Law
- David W. Trench - Commercial Litigation; Litigation - Real Estate
- Hal J. Webb - Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law; Tax Law; Trusts and Estates
- Mitchell E. Widom - Commercial Litigation; Litigation - Real Estate; Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Jennifer Wioncek - Tax Law; Trusts and Estates
- Shawn P. Wolf - Tax Law
Lawyers named to The Best Lawyers in America© publication were recognized by their peers in the legal industry for their professional excellence. For the 2024 Edition, more than 12 million peer evaluations were analyzed, which resulted in the inclusion of roughly 71,000 lawyers, or approximately 5.3% of lawyers in private practice in the United States.
About Bilzin Sumberg
Bilzin Sumberg counsels clients whose business and legal opportunities and challenges span the United States, Canada, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, and Asia. The firm's growth has paralleled that of its Miami home base, a region known for its rich cultural, social, and professional diversity. Bilzin Sumberg stands at the center of virtually every major transaction shaping Florida and is at the forefront of the state’s most pressing economic issues – from infrastructure, transit and mobility, to affordability and the diversification of the state’s economy. Bilzin Sumberg lawyers concentrate on services at the heart of both regional and international commerce, including real estate, land development and government relations, environmental, construction, corporate and securities, finance, joint ventures, domestic and international tax and private wealth planning, antitrust, business litigation, and public-private partnerships. For more information, please visit bilzin.com.