Miami, FL – Bilzin Sumberg is proud to announce 60% of the Firm's partners were recognized in the 2020 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©. This is the ninth consecutive year that more than half of the Firm's Partners made this prestigious list.
Additionally, three of the Firm's Partners were selected for the 2020 Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" award, an honor presented each year to a single outstanding lawyer by practice area and city. Carter N. McDowell was selected in the Land Use and Zoning Law category; Eileen Ball Mehta was selected for the Litigation - Land Use and Zoning category; and Marshall R. Pasternack was selected for the Securities / Capital Markets Law category.
Lawyers named to The Best Lawyers in America© publication were recognized by their peers in the legal industry for their professional excellence in 146 practice areas. For the 2020 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America, 8.3 million votes were analyzed, which resulted in the inclusion of more than 62,000 lawyers, or approximately 5% of lawyers in private practice in the United States.
The following Bilzin Sumberg Partners were listed in 2020 The Best Lawyers in America© categories:
• Brian S. Adler - Litigation - Land Use and Zoning; Real Estate Law
• Suzanne M. Amaducci-Adams - Real Estate Law
• Javier Aviñó - Land Use and Zoning Law
• Alan D. Axelrod - Corporate Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law
• Scott L. Baena - Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Litigation - Bankruptcy
• Brian L. Bilzin - Real Estate Law
• Jon Chassen - Real Estate Law
• Albert E. Dotson, Jr. - Government Relations Practice; Land Use and Zoning Law
• José M. Ferrer - International Arbitration - Commercial
• Richard M. Goldstein - Tax Law
• A. Vicky Leiva - Administrative / Regulatory Law; Land Use and Zoning Law
• Summer Ayers LePree - Tax Law
• Adam D. Lustig - Real Estate Law
• Carter N. McDowell - Environmental Law; Land Use and Zoning Law
• Eileen Ball Mehta - Land Use and Zoning Law; Litigation - Environmental; Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
• Marjie C. Nealon - Real Estate Law
• Howard E. Nelson - Environmental Law; Litigation - Environmental
• Melissa Pallett-Vasquez - Commercial Litigation
• Marshall R. Pasternack - Corporate Law; Securities / Capital Markets Law
• Stanley B. Price - Environmental Law; Land Use and Zoning Law; Litigation - Land Use and Zoning; Real Estate Law
• Jeffrey L. Rubinger - Litigation and Controversy - Tax; Tax Law
• Jay M. Sakalo - Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Litigation - Bankruptcy
• Martin A. Schwartz - Real Estate Law
• James W. Shindell - Real Estate Law
• John C. Sumberg - Real Estate Law
• David W. Trench - Commercial Litigation; Litigation - Real Estate
• Robert W. Turken - Commercial Litigation
• Hal J. Webb - Tax Law; Trusts and Estates
• Mitchell E. Widom - Commercial Litigation; Litigation - Real Estate; Litigation - Trusts and Estates
• Jennifer Wioncek - Tax Law
About Bilzin Sumberg
Bilzin Sumberg works with clients whose business and legal opportunities and challenges span the United States and cross borders to Europe, Latin America, Canada, the Middle East, and Asia. The firm's growth has paralleled that of its Miami home base, a region known for its rich cultural, social, and professional diversity. Bilzin Sumberg lawyers concentrate on services at the heart of both regional and international commerce, including real estate, land development and government relations, environmental, corporate law, joint ventures, domestic and international tax and estate planning, business litigation, finance, and public-private partnerships. For more information, please visit bilzin.com.
Bilzin Sumberg has been recognized as a "Top Law Firm" in the 2020 edition of the South Florida Legal Guide (SFLG), a recognition the firm has earned consecutively for the past 20 years. The SFLG also highlighted 17 of the firm's partners as "Top Lawyers" and four attorneys as "Top Up an...